Monday, April 17, 2006

Filmroom Update - April 17, 2006

Here's what's on tap for this week:

Singleback Trips Bunch Switch Special - This week we take a look at a Shotgun Trips Bunch pass play out of the New York Giants playbook that eats up man and Bump-n-Run coverage. The Switch Special is a great play to call if your opponent likes to bring the heat such as im the Quarter Normal Under Smoke. In this write up, we will show how we like to set it up to make your opponent think twice about bringing everything but the kitchen sink to get to the QB.

Singleback 4WR Falcon HB Wheel - I've been spending a lot of time online again and over this weekend I have added another wrinkle to my Tennessee offense that has been quit successful for me. Last week I wrote about a trend that I saw at the Gametime Philly tournament. Spending time doing that had me looking at ways to get outside slant routes into some other formations that I normally wouldn't use them in. I came across the HB Wheel from the 4WR Falcon and thought about how it may be enhanced if I pulled the TE Fade route from the Weak formation into it. Here is what happened.

46 Bear 3 Deep Blitz - Of all the defensive formations in the game, I ( Kobra) find a lot of my heat from the 46 Bear. One blitz I like to set up from the 46 Bear is the 3 Deep Blitz. What I like most about this blitz is it's simple to set up and also provides good pass coverage. The set up is very similar to other defenses you have seen in the filmroom.

46 Bear Cover 1 Man -Here is another blitz from the 46 Bear that I ( Kobra) like to run on occasion to bring the heat from the FS. By making few adjustments, the FS can get to the QB within a few seconds of the snap. What I like most about this blitz is it only requires moving one defender, making it a league friendly blitz.

If you do not currently have access to the filmroom, you can find out more at:

MaddenFilmroom.com

No comments: