Sunday, February 19, 2006

Madden 2006 - Mid-game Adjustments Part 3

by VG Staff Writer Lbzrule

Offensively the idea is to set them up for the explosive play anyways. So that's exactly the adjustment we will make. Run a deep route that is built off one of the shorter routes we were running to get the guy to bite on what he had already seen previously but short. If we do start encountering some problems with the blitz, we'll simply adjust our personnel package to get some extra protection for the QB. But the routes in the passing game they are going to remain the same.

Defensively, I like to move to multiple front packages as well as different types of blitzes to stop the run and bring pressure on the passer. Pass defense I might start using more press coverage, if I have the talent at CB to do so. Even if the offense is trying to hit me with the same route, I'll try to get to the QB with an A.I defender blitzing and myself blitzing before he gets that ball off. If it is Gates, Heap, Gonzalez or Shockey, I don't even worry about trying to have lots of guys in zone to defend where they are because the high pass to guys like that is going to be complete, so the best thing to do is get in the face of the QB IMO. Those guys cannot catch it, if the QB can't throw it

1 comment:

Scott Paton said...

WOW!

No wonder you are the Madden Man!

I am looking forward to playing the game!

Great job on the Blog, Bert.
Scott